The SWOT matrix can be used as matching tool development strategies.They can be :
- 1.So strategies :Internal strengths are used to take advantage of external opportunities.This is the strategy desired by all organization.
- 2.Wo strategic :Internal weakness are overcome by taking advantage of external opportunities .
- 3.St strategic :Internal strategic are used to avoid external threats.
- 4.Wt strategic :Internal weakness are minimised and external threats are avoided for severally.
- An opportunities has no value unless resources are available to take advantage of it.SWOT analysis facilities the finding strategic fit between external opportunities and internal resources.
- It cam be used to invest in weakness to make them competitive.Threats can also be avoided.
- It is the ens sens of strategy formulation.Alternative strategies can also be formulated .
- It can be used for finding a niche to take advantage of market opportunities.
- IT helps organizations to adapt to environmental changes.
- It generates lengthily list of opportunities,threats,strengths and weakness.
- It does not indicate priorities.
- The same factors can be placed in two categorises,for example,student number is both a strength and weakness for Tribhuwan University.
- It has no link to strategy implementation.